When you purchase our Car Sharing Excess Waiver, you reduce your excess from £500 to £0. This insurance is designed to waive the excess you pay under the standard hiya agreement following an incident involving a hiyacar vehicle. It also provides additional benefits such as misfuelling, towing and cover for any damage to the tyres, auto glass, undercarriage and roof of the vehicle.
The eligibility requirements for this insurance are as follows:
- You hold a valid United Kingdom, European Union or EEA driving licence or permit for the hiyacar vehicle.
- You are between the ages of 23 and 70 years old.
- You are a permanent resident in the United Kingdom at the time of purchase of this policy.
- The hiyacar vehicle must have a maximum value of £75,000 at the policy start date and is a maximum of 8 years old since the date of first registration.
- The hiyacar vehicle is a car with a maximum of 9 seats (including the driver).
- The hiyacar vehicle will not be used on a safari, an off-road adventure trail or any trip outside of the United Kingdom, European Union or EEA.
Please read the policy wording here.
Please read the key facts about this insurance here.