If you have an upcoming booking and have received an alert from hiyacar saying that there was no data coming from your Quickstart box, here are a few things that you can do to make sure the booking can go ahead.
1. Make arrangements to hand over the physical (active) keys of your car
If you are able to be there to do an in-person key handover - this is the easiest way to make sure the booking can still go ahead. If you cannot hand over the keys or troubleshoot your box, please let us know so that we can find a replacement for the driver.
2. If you have an NFC reader, check that the Quickstart box is still plugged in
Is there an orange light coming from the NFC reader on your windshield (the white square)? If so, that means the Quickstart box is still plugged in.
If there is no light coming from the NFC reader, this means that the box might be unplugged or the battery of your car is dead.
3. Check if your car battery is dead
Get in the car and try to turn on the ignition. If the car turns on, then we can move on to the next step. If the car doesn't turn on and there are no neighbours around to help you jumpstart the car, you can call your roadside assistance.
4. How to plug your box back in
After a servicing it is possible that the garage technicians have unplugged the Quickstart Box to do a health check of your car.
To plug the box back in, you need to locate the OBD-II port of your vehicle. In most vehicles, it will be located under the steering wheel. You might need to remove the plastic casing under the steering wheel to access the port. (don't worry, you can snap it back in easily).
* If you have recently installed an insurance tracker on your car, it is possible that the insurance technicians have unplugged the Quickstart Box. If that is the case, you will need an OBD-II port splitter as only one tracking device can be installed on a car without it.
5. Ask the team if they are getting data from the box
After replugging the box, check with the team if there is new data coming in. We can test a few remote commands such as lock & unlock or even reboot the box to see if it is responding normally.
Please go on Live Chat and request some assistance.
6. Request a diagnostic and a visit from our fleet engineer
If none of the previous options have helped and the box is still malfunctioning, we need to get our fleet engineer involved. The team will have to temporarily remove the "Quickstart" mention on your listing, but your car can still be bookable via a key handover.
If our engineer cannot resolve the situation before the start of your booking and you cannot hand over the keys, we will cancel it and find a replacement for the driver.